CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Roseola and a dance with Daddy....

Well, the past few days have not been so fun around the Holland house....I had a cold over the weekend and then Gracie started running a high fever Sunday night. I thought that maybe she was getting what I have had but there have been no other symptoms...just a really high fever. She feels fine as long as her medicine is keeping her temperature down...so I think that she has Roseola....she had it for the first time last year at Lauren's graduation....so weird to have it 2 years in a row at the same time of year...it is the worst of her "common illnesses"....I hate the high fever even though the doctors tell me that it is fine for her to have one....ugh!!

Anyway, last night...after a day of Motrin and feeling really bad..she put on her Cinderella costume and begged Eric for "a dance with her Dada"....it was really sweet. So, he couldn't resist her proposal and he put Steven Curtis Chapman's "Cinderella" on and they danced....it always tears me up to hear that song...we have Gracie as the little girl, Devan as the one going to prom, and Lauren as the oldest getting near the age of marriage...but last night I was just thinking about the words of the song and how the little girl begged her daddy to dance with her...and the fact that the very moments that we were all experiencing were the very moments that Steven Curtis Chapman wrote about!! It was really sweet and I sat on the couch and cried while Eric and Gracie turned the living room into a ballroom!! :)

1 comments:

Amy said...

I am sure you cried! I cry when I hear the song, much less if my family was dancing to it! How sweet! You do indeed have almost every stage!