CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Blessings.....

I have been thinking a lot today about motherhood and this upcoming Mother's Day....my first celebration as a new mom was very special to me...so first I would like to say "Happy Mother's Day" to all of my new-mom friends!! I also have been thinking about the women out there who are unable to have children or have lost a child to some unfortunate circumstance....I hate to think that for some people this Sunday will be a difficult one to endure...much less celebrate. I think that the Lord just wanted to remind me in the midst of a messy house, laundry, and whining children that I am blessed to have my sweet Gracie and Ty...I all too often take them for granted...and just wish to survive until nap or bedtime...but I have been reminded today that I am blessed to have experienced their birth and their growth up until this point in their lives....I get so caught up in diapers, juice cups, bath time, yucky messes, and now even back-talk (from my 2 going on 22 year old) that I so often miss the moments that really matter...so today I want to say "Thank You, Lord" for what You have given me....I am not worthy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kimberly, you are so right! I am only half way through Motherhood and even though I have a 12 year old (going on 22, I don't think that ever changes.. LOL) and an 8 year old, I still get bogged down with the daily grind. I needed to be reminded of the important things and I thank you for writing what God put on your heart! Also, congrats to Devan!! Love, Steph

The Hollands said...

Sweetheart you are a great mother and wife. I am so blessed to spend my life with you!

Eric