CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

4 Years....


This past Sunday, Eric and I packed up and headed off to Jonesboro, Ga....Atlanta basically. He had a youth pastors conference on Monday and we had decided before Cole was born to make a little get away out of it....we came home on Tuesday. It was great to get away....so nice to do nothing!! We had fun eating out, getting to actually have serious conversation without interruptions, laughing at each other over silly things, and just being together....it was very refreshing! Oh, and of course, we took little Cole with us...but the other little ones stayed at home...

Our anniversary is tomorrow....September 18.....another reason why we decided to get away. I was thinking the other day about the things that we have faced in our short 4 years of marriage...the passing of Eric's grandmother, a job change, a move to a different house, a church change, moving a child to college, 3 births, 1 traumatic miscarriage, 6 days in NICU......some of those things happening at the same time....several of them on the list of "most stressful life experiences". The world has created this fantasy, feeling-based idea of marriage...once the feelings are different or perhaps gone the relationship is over....and reality is that some days the "feelings" are there and some days they are just not...we know that we cannot rely on our emotions...they are always changing! But the one thing that we can rely on is our Lord Jesus....and He says that marriage is a commitment...for better or worse...until death do we part. There is nothing better than knowing that your spouse will stand by you no matter what....so on this night before a new milestone in our lives I would like to honor my husband---

Eric, there is no one in this world that I would rather walk through this life with...you are the answer to many, many prayers. I could have never picked for myself a better mate...you complete me in many ways. I look forward to the years ahead of us...Happy Anniversary!! YOU are the man of my dreams and the hero in my life---I love you!!

4 comments:

The Hollands said...

I love you sweetheart. You are so right that knowing you will always be there beside me to face life and whatever comes our way brings me much joy. Thanks for being my friend and us loving each other even on days that the feelings are not there.

Unknown said...

HAPPY ANIVERSARY! LOL Love you both and your sweet family! :)
Hollen

Stephanie said...

Oh that is just the sweetest blog entry. Thanks for sharing!! We love you!! LOL Thanks for always putting up with mine and Hollen's comments. :)

Amy said...

Hey girl... send me your e-mail address and I will send you some pictures from the other day... I got some cute ones... especially of Ty!